All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go. I’m standing here outside your door, I hate to remind you but you need to prepare!
SMWF Asia is happening in 12 hours – have you prepared yourselves?
Attending a conference is a big deal to me. I like to get the most out of my time spent at a conference, and the amount of money spent for the conference fees, if any. So here’s how you can prepare the way I do:
- Look at the conference agenda and workshop agenda and decide which ones you want to attend
- Check out post-conference networking events, such as the Facebook-sponsored Helipad Party, andthis community-organized TweetUp
- Set up hashtag monitoring columns on your Twitter client (I use Tweetdeck) – The 2 hashtags for SMWF Asia are: #SMWF and #SMWFQ
- Prepare namecards for networking and introductions to conference attendees – you may also consider bringing Pokens or digital namecards if possible
- Add yourself to lists of attendees that you can network with via Twitter such as this one. Check out the list of attendees and link up with them on Twitter before the conference.
- Check out this [Google Spreadsheet] list of conference and workshop speakers’ Twitter handles orfollow the Twitter List I’ve created
- Connect with conference participants, speakers, and exhibitors via Twitter and other social networks, if you are interested
Here’s how you can connect with me:
Other must-bring items:
- Laptop + Charger
- Namecards and Poken
- Mobile phone
- Conference pass confirmation email
- Jacket (conference venues can be freezing, at times!)
BTW. If you have an iPhone, there’s an SMWF iPhone app!
Happy conferencing! See you at SMWF Asia 2010!
[Image source: TheSituationist]